Friday, October 12, 2007

A proud moment

When I was growing up in Orland Park, there were no scholastic tournaments close by to play in. I was lucky there was a club at all when I hit Junior High. I have been determined to see that other kids growing up in the area would get the chances to play in events that I never had.

Tonight, I ran a 48 player event at St.Als/St.Pats in Lemont. Now granted, I have literally put together events 10x that size. What made this one special? 7 different schools, all with programs showed up. Team awards for first place were handed out to St. Als/St. Pats, St. Mary's, Noonan, and Cardinal Bernadin. That my friends is Parity, not the more commonly used Parody that we used to here. The seeds for a league have even been planted to grow this niche ever further

There was much joy in my heart seeing the students play out the event. And big props to Melissa McGuire for putting the event on.

Glenn

1 comment:

Tom Panelas said...

Nice going, Glenn. Chess lives in the South Suburbs.